Well it seems a little silly, but on Saturday we finally went to the beach! We had stopped and wandered on the sand a little before, but never gone and spent a whole day there. We drove FOREVER so that we could get far enough outside the city to find cleaner water and beaches, and fewer people to stare at us. It was so exciting to run into the water and not have it be bone-numbing cold! I had a blast with my friends, wading out further than I've ever been, and actually going underwater and swimming around a little. We had fun bobbing in and diving under the waves, and I even accidentally did a little body-surfing at one point, although that didn't end too well. Turns out once you start riding the wave, its pretty hard to control when or where you stop. It was a beautiful day though, and I ended it by walking up and down the shore with a very sweet little old Indian man who helped me pick out some beautiful seashells. Unfortunately no one really thought to bring a camera, so I've only got one my picture to share from that glorious day. Below that are a few pictures of me and my favorite of our cooks, Durga, with our little Diwali lamps lit us next to us.
1 comment:
You are amazing! I am so proud of you. Are you just going to live there?
Post a Comment